Food that contributes functional
benefits to human health.
- Bifidobacterium Longum BB536
- Human Residential Bifidobacteria has numerous strong & beneficial health effects on our human body.
Morinaga Milk has been a pioneer in research on human gut microbiota, particularly Human Residential Bifidobacteria strains. Among them,
Bifidobacterium longum BB536 is most well-known for its stability, quality and wide-ranging efficacies, presented in over 170 scientific articles, including numerous clinical studies.
Its superior stability, GRAS-certified safety and strong clinical evidences enables wide range of product applications of BB536; such as dairy products, infant formulas, dietary supplements and sport’s nutrition.
- Bifidobacterium breve M-16V
- Bifidobacterium breve is one of the predominant species in infant gut. Numerous clinical evidences have shown its beneficial roles for infants' health, especially its anti-allergic effects and prevention of infection etc.
M-16V has been recognized worldwide for its GRAS safety and strong efficacies, especially for infants in promoting healthy growth.
Currently, more than 150 hospitals in Asia Oceania are using this strain to treat premature infants in their Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU).
- Bifidobacterium infantis M-63
- Bifidobacterium infantis M-63 has high ability for colonization of infant intestines, and high capability to utilize Human Milk Oligosaccharides in mother's breast milk.
M-63 is considered to be highly adaptable to the intestinal environment of humans, especially in infants. Its high physiological efficacies have also been reported by in-vitro clinical studies.
- Bifidobacterium breve B-3
- Bifidobacterium breve B-3 is a unique probiotic strain, developed by focusing on the relationship between gut microbiota and metabolic syndrome.
Its efficacy on weight management and skin health helps to provide the "Beauty from Within" concept, making peoples' lives in line with current trends.
- Lactoferrin (LF) is a protein contained in milk of most mammals. It is abundant in human breast milk, especially in human colostrum.
LF shows a variety of physiological functions; such as immunomodulation, antimicrobial activity, antiviral activity, promote growth of Bifidobacteria, improvement of anemia, skin health etc.
Due to its efficacies on infants, LF is one of the key fortification ingredient used into infant formula worldwide.
Morinaga Milk started research into LF since 1960, and is today the world largest manufacturer of LF.
- LAC-Shield TM
- LAC-Shield™ (Lactobacillus paracasei MCC1849) is a highly unique Lactobacillus strain with immune-enhancing benefits. It is carefully selected from Morinaga Milk's collection of thousands of cultures/strains.
As it is a pasteurized strain, LAC-Shield™ does not pose any stability issues and challenges which traditional probiotics always encounter due to process-related conditions. As a result, it can be added to a wide range of foods and beverages. To-date, more than 250 companies have launched products containing LAC-Shield™ both in Japan and internationally.
- Peptide "MKP®"
- MKP®, a casein-derived tripeptide, consists of Methionine, Lysine and Proline.
With various studies conducted, scientific evidence has proved that MKP® works as a strong ACE-inhibitor which is also one of the main cause of hypertension and Alzheimer's disease.
As such, daily MKP® consumption can help to safely lower mildly elevated blood pressure and improve overall cognitive health.
- Since ancient times. Aloe Vera is a traditional plant very well known for its skin-healing effects.
With Morinaga Milk's in-depth research into aloe vera plants, we have successfully extracted "AVGE" powder which contains key phytosterols, patented by Morinaga as "Aloesterol".
"Aloesterol" found in our AVGE powder, demonstrated beneficial effects on improving skin conditions, moisture content, elasticity, collagen content etc.
As a result, Morinaga Milk has obtained more than 10 Japanese patents for applications based on this unique and highly functional ingredient AVGE.
- Orabarrier® is a compound ingredient focusing on oral health, consist of 2 key active ingredients : LF(Lactoferrin) and LPO(Lactoperoxidase)
Its excellent antimicrobial effect by these active ingredients can repel the harmful bacteria in our mouth which cause bad smell and periodontal disease.